Thursday 8 April 2010

It's About Time

Starting this blog is my way of making sense of the world as a teacher so that I can be part of the future of education...now.

There is a lot of talk of Personal Learning Networks. I realised, and that must sound strange, that I was trying to create one for myself and, in fact, I had gone quite a bit down the road to developing a network of feelers that clutched onto ideas and practices that I am keen to evaluate and adapt for my teaching. However, with all this information, bookmarks, RSS feeds and tweeple I follow there was not enough time dedicated to actually thinking. Thinking then doing. That's the plan.

This blog is an attempt to redress the situation and allow space for my thoughts to be distilled so that the learning that takes place in my classroom and in the wider arena is enhanced by the technology that I try to harness.

There. I did it.

Blog #00001.

No comments:

Post a Comment